Dive shop cancelled, now witholding refund

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spidge

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone, hoping this post is allowed. Last summer I was due to dive with a company in Mexico who cancelled the entire trip last minute, and still haven't refunded me the money, despite confirming they would do so in full, in a number of messages. They are now ignoring all communication. I'm at a loss for what to do and am owed several thousand pounds. Is anyone able to offer any advice? I've also emailed PADI (who certify the dive shop who did nothing) and Profeco in Mexico but they have also not replied. Any help greatly appreciated!!

Did you book through a travel agency that has insurance for these situations?
If you paid directly, what were the Terms & Conditions?
Since you mailed PADI, did you book the trip at PADI Travel?

Several thousand pounds? What was to be included?

Any chance you paid by credit card, though if so, that opportunity has probably passed.

Didn't use credit card otherwise would have spoken to them sadly! - the trip was an excursion with XTC dive trek - crocodile expedition + whale sharks + cenote diving. Both the company and trip were endorsed by a renowned global diving network (Girls that Scuba) which is why I trusted them to be honest! I have in writing on a number of occasions that the company will fully refund me but they are now ignoring communication. I'm at a total loss so any other ideas greatly appreciated!

do you mean yucatan dive trek? the croc combo doesn't look to be active anymore. did they offer to switch you to the other summer package at least?

Yes exactly that - they cancelled the trip as the permits for this excursion were pulled by the government. They kept telling me they would refund, paid a "goodwill" amount which was less than 20% of the total and have since gone quiet. The trips are also advertised on there through the dive shop directly XTC Dive Center in Xcalak Mexico - Scuba Diving, Snorkelling, Day Trips

Interesting! XTC has been around a long time.

Interesting! XTC has been around a long time.
Yeah, it's really shocking and disappointing. They've since been removed as a recommended trip from the GTS community.

Didn't use credit card otherwise would have spoken to them sadly! - the trip was an excursion with XTC dive trek - crocodile expedition + whale sharks + cenote diving. Both the company and trip were endorsed by a renowned global diving network (Girls that Scuba) which is why I trusted them to be honest! I have in writing on a number of occasions that the company will fully refund me but they are now ignoring communication. I'm at a total loss so any other ideas greatly appreciated!
What has Girls that Scuba had to say about this?

Back
Top Bottom