Dive & Surf Kayak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pez de Diablo:
The cobra explorer is too small IMHO, I have a couple of them. I also have 6 of the Fish n' Dive, and find they work very well in 3 - 4' incoming surf. I have also had up to 3 steel HP 100's on the kayak, but wouldn't recommend this for heavy surface, the boat just doesn't respond, it's too big.

Hope this helps, feel free to email me if you have questions about the Cobra Kayaks.

Dennis

Thank you so much Dennis. I like the fact that I could fish off it with ease as well. Wasn't planning for it, but I just might end up doing so. It seems like just the right all-around kayak for my needs. I still have another month or so before I can actually purchase the darn thing, but it looks like I've found it atleast. :coffee:

I have a load of Cobra kayaks they carry a larger load than the Ocean kayaks. The Cobra Navigator is bigger than the Explorer and is a great all-around boat for diving/fishing and I've played in the surf with it. The Fish and Dive is a great platform to dive from you can carry quite a load and sit with legs over the side and put fins on w/o flipping. There is a new boat called the Marauder ,I don't have any experience with it but it looks like it is a higher performance paddler that is set up to fish. I recommend the Cobra kayaks highly.:D

Hi,
I have been using Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120, which is specially designed for diving! It's great; I was just out in it yesterday. Very nice boat, has tankwell in the back with webbing and a big hatch up front. I'm very pleased with mine and would highly recommend it.

Best of luck!

anyone got pics of their kayaks set-up for diving?

most of the kayak manufacturer websites i've looked at mention diving as an aside, but it's not clear how things (loading gear, etc) should be set up...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom