"Dive to Bermuda Triangle" on Discovery Channel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UWfilmmaker:
the problem with the compass in bermuda triangle could be caused by a simple highly concentrated area of rock containing magnetic material, creating a "magnetic anomilly"
as for ships crashing... the methane bubble theory is very viable... but some of the other freaky stuff.... i have no idea.... has anyone heard this "giant turtle theory" ?
happy diving,
Much of the "disappearance issue" to me would appear to be statistics. Of all of the boating and light airplane traffic that uses the sea lanes and air space in that area, of course a few will just turn up missing every year. As the Coast Guard commander that they interviewed stated, even in a proper search pattern after an inicident in great conditions, they have a 78 percent chance of finding anything and the odds drop from there.

As to the lost flight, I figure they showed that it most likely went down many miles from where the Navy thougt. If it's down there, we will play heck finding it in the depths that it will be at.

archman:
The story flow was positively awful, like it wasn't so much as outlined ahead of time. If the show wasn't so bleeding entertaining I would have shut it off in disgust.

I find it ironic that the two most important components of the show were least explored.
1. The flight that Hawke's is looking for. So where are they? We spent all this time watching a great historical reenactment, and where do they go with it? Nowhere!
2. Massive & episodic gas hydrate eruptions off the Florida coast. Can we monitor it now? Did it sink any ships? What the ^&* is going on with it?!

This show is really three or four separate stories, not one. Seems like a rush production to me... could've tacked on another hour easy with better follow-up and flow.

I do have to agree. Watched thinking "ok they will stay on one subject", WRONG. I also thought that the bubble blowing the hell out of the ship was rather interesting. As for the tiny bubbles sinking the small boat, what did they point out other than it would have to be a BIG freak of nature to take down a liner? I think they could have taken out half of what was on the show and filled with commercials and been better.
One thing that I really found interesting was that the 5 fighters that were found within 1 mile of each other weren't downed the same year nor of the same cause.
As for the methane gas rising up and killing the engine. Maybe but I doubt it at 1,000 or so. Was still interesting to see that the altimiter showed that they were rising when in fact they were falling. If this much methane was released because of an earthquake I think we would see it on a sysmograph (sp) on land.
All in all I still believe there is something out there that causes this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom