Dive trip to Big Island of Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... I could spend a day at the Hilton Waikoloa also - they have the Dolphin Programs, Stand-up Paddleboards or Kayaks in the lagoon there and all the beach activities on A-Bay nearby. You don't have to be a guest. Resort Activities | Hilton Waikoloa Village | Kohala Coast...

The artwork all through the Hilton is worth the visit just on it's own.

Plus A-Bay beach has the LavaLava Club. $3 Longboards at Happy Hour and some very nice mixed drinks - "Gilligan's Girl".

My wife and I do two weeks in Kona every Christmas, and can't wait to retire so we can do longer.
The diving there is very good. We've used a number of companies, but have been very happy with Kona Diving Company.
Good size boat, not too many divers, outstanding crew.
Agreed that the Manta Ray night dive is a must. The 3 tank, long range dive is also great.
Above water... can't help you. We just dive and read. Great place to recharge your batteries.

We're in our third year living on the big island and not bored yet. And haven't even done much diving. How anyone could get bored diving here boggles my mind.

I recommend reading this book before you come. There's a lot to see and do topside.

Back
Top Bottom