Dive watch, what type ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Citizen's Aqualand Digital for diving (I've been using it log my dives since it came out).

Citizen Dive watch circa 1992.
It acts as my depth guage when I am diving, as a bottom timer, as a max depth warning, and a max time warning. The max depth will become more usefull when I switch to nitrox diving.

Casio Sea-Pathfinder Triple Sensor with compass, air pressure, and temperature sensors.

Timex Reef Gear, rated to 200M, can be had for less than $50.00 if you shop around. Only down side is the metal band is a pain to adjust.

I just got myself a cheap Casio G-shock, as a backup means for telling dive time, and to function as a stopwatch/countdown, since my BT is AWOL and I have depth gauge on my SPG.

Question, can I kill it by operating it at depth, or the buttons can be used ad nauseum? :)

Casio watches are the only thing we've ever used and never had a problem with one. The ones with the indiglo lights ROCK in our usually murky Ohio waters.

Evil xander, we have never had a problem after pushing the buttons underwater and we do quite a bit of it.
Ber :lilbunny:

I just bought an Omega Seamaster 300M Professional (@$2,600CDN) It's probably overkill for diving but I have a watch fetish.

I have a very useful Citizen Eco-Drive Divers 200M. It's solar power with reserve battery and a depth gauge (in meters) and rotating bezel for timed dives. It's an anologue display.
DSCN4840.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom