Diveops and dives near Grayton Beach, FL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkiDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

Our family will be spending a week in Grayton Beach, FL next month, and we're hoping to get a couple of days of diving in. Our daughter (age 11.5) will be doing her 4 checkout dives there, and my wife, son (age 14) and I will be diving, too.

Any recommendations on diveops within a reasonable driving distance from Grayton Beach that would be good for our daughter's checkout dives?

Any can't-miss or otherwise recommended dives in that area?

Thanks.

Destin or PCB are gonna be your best bets, you'll be pretty much in between them - maybe a hair closer to the Destin operations.

ScubaTech and Emerald Coast in Destin

Dive Locker in PCB.

Thanks! I was wondering if there were any closer ops. Maybe not. Any preferences among those 3 in terms of:

1. Quality of instruction/checkout for kids?

2. Quality of local dives?

I like ScubaTech for Destin and Dive Locker in PCB(there are lots of PCB ops, but Dive Locker always gets my business). Both offer great beginner sites, might go with Destin for instruction for a kid.

This year has been colder than typical, so I won't get your hopes up on typical, it'll be much colder :)

Back
Top Bottom