Diver death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
scubagirl15:
Mr Adams,
This is a serious claim you're making against the instructor. Were you there? How do you know all this?

This situation is bad enough without the rest of us onlookers speculating on what happened and what will happen, don't you think?

It's certainly a sad situation, and condolences to all affected.

I have no idea if what Mr Adams is saying is true, but I must admit that when I heard the "instructor rocketed" to the surface, I was left wondering if this was the case, or if it was simply a poorly chosen word by a writer that probably didn't understand what he was saying.

Not wanting to judge harshly, as I for one hope to never have to have myself tested in such a situation, it should go without saying that one should never rocket to the surface for any reason. Certainly easier said than done.

It does seem like this was partly the case, as the rescuer was treated for a physical malady, probably because of an excessive ascent through the water column, wasn't he?

Regards

Steve

Sorry for being so straight forward folks and I'm not and will I never try to knock an instructor down as we all dive to have fun and thats what the final out come of sport diving should always be lots and lots of fun. I'm not going to name names of my PADI sources but PADI Officials must always look at the facts involved in diving accidents so that they can be fixed and improved upon. If a PADI instructor teaches out side of the PADI guidelines he is not covered nor protected and this is why PADI stresses so much on procedure, you should always have control of your students while in an in-structural situation underwater, and as for the facility this diver was working out of, PADI will determine if there is a problem with its leaders and the way they do there job, regardless of how positive the news papers and one persons opion may make it sound.

Mr A

Mr Adams

Unless your description of what happened underwater comes from a witness, or some report of what a witness has said, it is just gossip. I think its obvious that you were not there, and I doubt your "PADI sources" were either.

I think we should wait for the real story rather than posting junk.

Mr Adams:
I'm not going to name names of my PADI sources
I think that about sums up the amount of validity we need to give to your post Mr. Adams. You posted heresay and are unable to provide any evidence.

I suggest we all get back to discussing facts or offering sympathies.

James

In light of this event, I am asking that we keep this thread and maintain it in a respectful manner. Lets pay our respects to this gentleman and leave it at that. Please.

Fact:

On Scuba2000's in house bulletin board there is not one word about the 'incident'. No condolences thread, no mention that there was an incident. The most current thread about the dive at all was simply an invitation for prospective students to obtain their Adavnced Open Water or Deep specialty during the planned Brockville weekend, with the last post to the thread occurring Oct 8th. Since then there has been a second thread offering pictures from the weekend, and that is all.

Take it how you will.

I find it very sad.

My condolences go out to the diver's family and friends.

cobaltbabe:
In light of this event, I am asking that we keep this thread and maintain it in a respectful manner. Lets pay our respects to this gentleman and leave it at that. Please.
Well it looks like respects have gone right out the window. All in favor of closing the thread say I, or perhaps we could just follow Marie's sage advice instead?

wetbehindtheear:
Fact:

as far as i know, the scuba2000 board does not allow this type of discussion. that's their choice, and frankly, given some of the comments here, i can't blame them. if you have a comment for the guy in charge at scuba2000, you know how to contact him.

that second thread offering pictures relates to a different group of divers who were not diving with the diver who died.

what are you trying to infer? if you have a beef with the guy in charge over at scuba2000, may i respectfully suggest you take it up with him directly, rather than follow Mr. Adams' lead...

and to think i used to respect conspiracy theorists...

Take it how you will.
Sorry, wet, you're probably correct. I haven't seen any condolences threads on the other board, ever. It never occured to me that such things aren't allowed.

I had no idea there were two Brockville trips scheduled by the one store (or persons associated thereby). I stand corrected.

I'll shut up now.

Mods feel free to edit either/both of my posts in this thread in an effort to remove my foot from my mouth.

Closed. If you refuse to respect this mans death then this is closed. My respect to the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom