Diver found dead in Gilchrist spring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has there been any thoughts about why he may have been alone?
Let's not start guessing as to why this non-SCUBA accident occured. Leave that to the rec.scuba type boards. There has already been a plea from his employer to stop the speculation as to why this occured, and to give his family some time.

Although I never met Farhad, any death is a loss. Condolences to his wife, family and friends.

This tragedy is a reminder to all of us how prescious our lives are. We should all strive to be happy every moment of our day. None of us knows what will befall us next. Many people will say, "at least he died doing what he enjoyed." I have seen posts on this board from people attesting to the fact that they "would rather die peacefully in bed." No matter what we want life deals us our cards at random. We can control many aspects of our lives. But none of us can control the fact that one day we all will die. And since, for most of us, we don't know when that moment will occur, we must constantly strive to live life to its fullest potential, making each second of our day a wonderful testimony of our happiness. Whether it is diving, spending time with our families, or just savoring a moment of peace do each of them with reverence to their presciousness.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

Steve

I'm shocked, I dove with Far twice in San Diego. We had a great time, he was a fun guy, easy to get along with... He WILL be missed...:(

Far was the instructor who was involved on my first OW dive here in San Diego (Cornonardo Islands). He was a great person and a very experiened diver. He will be greatly missed by all - Friends & Family & the diving community in general.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom