DiverGuard looks for skeptics bloggers/reporters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As we all very well know, buoyancy issues are common. Soon someone will present a device that automates depth changes. This would certainly increase the flow of customers and profit margins.

"Set target depth - Confirm"
(and pray that it was in feet)

Back when people still used J valves there was one from Scubapro that did compensate for the depth you were diving at by increasing your reserve. The DCAR valve was set up so that you could also adjust the reserve setting.

---------- Post added March 7th, 2014 at 09:04 AM ----------

The only practical use I can see for this product is for solo diving.

That’s why I’m looking for 3 to 5 bloggers/reporters to take the DiverGuard challenge. We’ll put the DiverGuard into their hands and let them try it for themselves. When they’ve seen what our product can do, they can describe their experiences to their readers.

Provided they're still alive. Anyone willing to trust an automated system, either software or hardware, to do what this "product" claims to do is a candidate for a Darwin Award. As someone said in another thread, "At best, it would be good for body recovery." I would add - either already dead or caused by the device.

Back
Top Bottom