Diverite xt fins vs Cressi Frog (not plus) fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stormblessed

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Can someone please tell me how these two fins compare against each other, based on stiffness, buoyancy, foot comfort etc.

Internet tells me that the xt fins are very good but I don't have easy access to a dealer.

I saw today that the cressi frogs look similar and I do have a dealer in my city. One difference I noticed is on the fin straps.

I am looking for stiff frog kicking fins for open water, wetsuit diving. Feel free to suggest any others. Thanks

The original Frogs were my first open heal fins and I still use them for wetsuit diving 25 years later! I rate them highly. Fairly stiff and good for frog kicking. You'll probably want to put spring straps on them at some point though. Haven't tried the XT fins, sorry.

You can buy the Cressis with spring/bungee straps attached. Ask the dealer to get them and install for you.

I've owned both, still own the DR XTs. Both good fins, original Frogs. XTs marginally stiffer and IIRC the blade on the XTs is a fraction longer for the same size. I love my XTs and will dive them till my last dive.

I've owned both, still own the DR XTs. Both good fins, original Frogs. XTs marginally stiffer and IIRC the blade on the XTs is a fraction longer for the same size. I love my XTs and will dive them till my last dive.
Thank you for your reply. So in your opinion, XTs are significantly better than the frogs? Also, would you say the use cases are different for these two fins?

Thank you for your reply. So in your opinion, XTs are significantly better than the frogs? Also, would you say the use cases are different for these two fins?

I wouldn't say significantly better, it's a bit subjective, but I prefer the slightly longer and stiffer blade of the XTs particularly in open water, I also prefer the more robust spring strap attachment. I predominantly frog kick, a kicking style the XTs excel at.

Oh I can back kick in them well too.

FTR I'm a small guy with chicken legs but despite their relative stiffness I can still power them well enough. I imagine if you had strong legs you could generate fairly significant power.

Oh I can back kick in them well too.

FTR I'm a small guy with chicken legs but despite their relative stiffness I can still power them well enough. I imagine if you had strong legs you could generate fairly significant power.
Tyvm for the information

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom