Diver's insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishfriend

Registered
Reaction score
If I already have regular medical insurance Should I still purchase DAN or Diveassure coverage? What does it buy me?
Thanks for your help

yeah, you should purchase additional dive insurance

most regular insurance does not cover hyperbaric treatment and other associated treatments

the good news is that about $100 per year gets you very good coverage

i would suggest DAN. membership and insurance get you some nice benefits:

http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/

welcome to Scubaboard, btw

I purchased the DAN family standard thing for $44 (granted I forgot to do it before leaving home, and had to walk my MiL thru the site via phone to get signed up)... and when I had the recent incident with the boat ladder banging up my knee pretty bad... I called DAN and was informed that I didn't have "insurance". They said I'd only be covered if in need of evacuation. So... I will be "upping" my DAN to a higher level to include the "insurance" that I thought I had in the first place. I was kinda ticked at the whole thing, but only have myself to blame.

So, learn from my mistake, and really read up on what the membership pays for.:light:

dang... you had the membership, but not the insurance

H2Andy:
dang... you had the membership, but not the insurance

Exactly.... and I could have used the insurance. Oh well... at least we have good medical insurance and it was just a knee injury.... minor in the realm of dive accidents.

yES , you should purchase additional dive insurance

most regular insurance does not cover hyperbaric treatment and other associated treatments. When you come to think about it at the price you pay for the additional insurance it will be a life saver to you and your pockets.I do medicasl insurance verification for a living and they will not even think about rejecting the bill sent to them for a diving accident .So be smart and pay the additional $100.00 a year for the extra comfort in your life,.

I called up my medical insurance (United health care) and asked them about hyperbaric treatment/ diving accidents etc. They said if it is an emergency it will be covered. Does that mean anything?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom