Diver's Supply?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now kids, play nice...

I'm friends with both Kristy and Rob, and am going to take a moment to sit back and say that I like both of you and hope you guys can bury the hatchet.

I've had great experiences with Rob's shop - I buy 98% of my gear there. (And the rest is just odds and ends or things that were too good to pass up.) Never had a problem. Rob's always been great to me, so I can easily recommend his shop. Good gear, good prices, and a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. The best in Charlotte, bar none.

And I dive with Kristy. She's a really good diver (and followed me to the surface a week or two during a low on air situation - spent too much time learning to use my camera, which I bought at DS, incidentally), and a friend. I hope to do lots more dives with her in the near future. She's always been charming to hang with.

I don't know what happened between you guys, but I'd sure like to see you make up. (I'd say "kiss and make up", but that might lead to nude camping trips, buff diving for all involved, and a lot of frustration for everybody else!)

C'mon folks, let's take care of each other. See what happens to us when we let our gills get a little dry?

Well, there are 4 other dive shops within 30-45 minutes of Diver's Supply, and one more I've heard about a little further away. The one run by the "ex-con" is a good shop as well. The have ScubaPro and their own on-site pool so prices are a little bit higher.

I had heard rumors about the owner and passed them on to another diver, who then politely let me know that he was related to the owner and that the rumor I had heard wasn't true. So after I got over feeling stupid I went to find out the truth. The honest answer is that yes, after a tour in Vietnam the owner came back and made some bad choices. He paid his debt to society and learned his lesson. I chose to apologize for gossiping about him and my hope is that when I make mistakes people will seek the truth from me. Being forgiving would be appreciated too.

As to the environment at Diver's Supply in Charlotte, I recommend them highly and I send my friends there. My wife felt comfortable enough to go there by herself and ask the staff for advice on what to get me for Christmas. She talked to Butch, whom I had talked to earlier. When he and I started chatting I let him know my skill level; his first question was "Where to you want to end up?" We appreciated the focus on buying gear that prioritized my plans, not the shop's bottom line. As it turned out I used several of those Christmas presents to dive with Butch a few weeks later.

I also enjoy finding BJ at work and learning equipment stuff. He's a superb technician and just in chatting I learn a lot about the equipment options and aspects. When I need my annual service guess who will do it?

We shop Diver's Supply in Charlotte and will continue to do so.

leam

I recently bought my bcd and regs from them and they were very good to deal with.
I have recommended them to friends.

Back
Top Bottom