Divi Divi Air from Aruba to Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lasjim

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Got delayed due to work and couldn't get a nonstop flight to Bonaire from the US on the day that I could travel.

Flew from Washington IAD to Aruba. Divi Divi air provided good service to Bonaire with a short stop in Curacao. Didn't get off the airplane for the half hour ground time.

At Aruba, they send you out a gate to a bus that takes you to the Twin Otter aircraft. Sat in a seat in the back of the plane that had lots of leg room.

Had to fill out customs forms for Aruba and Curacao online. There was a door labeled transit but didn't allow me to use it. When exiting customs take a right turn and walk to the next building to the check in counters. There's an outdoor cafe in between with good food and coffee.

Jim

I did not like my Divi Divi experience Curacao-Bonaire last summer at all. You have to go through Customs in Curacao and not in transit. The electronic form does not have a drop down for in transit so it took a long time to figure out. There was no one who would help with the on line form in Curacao and only 2 computers there to use. Tried to do the form before travel but the in transit issue stumped me.

There was along delay between bus ride and getting on the aircraft. Hot and uncomfortable.

going the other way from Bon to Cur, check in took over 2 hours as there was no one there initially and when they finally showed up at 1/2 hr before flight time, they were slow. almost missed the flight. We saw one bag being loaded on the plane and not the other. Pointed this out to the pilot who was standing there supervising loading and we were told that the other bag had already been loaded in the front baggage compartment, which was not the case. The checked bag was not on the carousel in Cur and there was no one to help. Finally a gentleman from another airline made a call for us to Divi Divi and we were told our bag would be on next flight in an hour. This was indeed the case but we then almost missed our connection to Toronto.

Too much needless stress for my liking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom