Diving Accessories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would define an accessory as something that although you intend to use it on the dive, if some emergency happens you could face ditching or losing it and still survive.

By that definition, my dive slate and camera are accessories. Yet it's quite neat to have the camera along... especially if you pass it around to your buddy(ies) or other divers from your group. It's amazing the kind of pictures you get back.

FreeFloat:
I would define an accessory as something that although you intend to use it on the dive, if some emergency happens you could face ditching or losing it and still survive.

By that definition, my dive slate and camera are accessories. Yet it's quite neat to have the camera along... especially if you pass it around to your buddy(ies) or other divers from your group. It's amazing the kind of pictures you get back.

Yah... Amazing...

They just get behind you and wait till you do something stupid so they can get a funny picture of it.

Oh wait, that's what *I* do with my camera.

Never mind.

The whole point of diving is breathing underwater, so for me by far the most valuable is the reg! But the tank, hmmm.... Hard question!!!!!

Everything has an equal value!

diverkid:
What the googles is that!

It's a small steel hook on a line that you hook on to a dead part of the reef , or rock, or whatever and tie it off to your bc (or hang on to it). Holds you stationary in a strong current without having to fin like a maniac.

glbirch:
It's a small steel hook on a line that you hook on to a dead part of the reef , or rock, or whatever and tie it off to your bc (or hang on to it). Holds you stationary in a strong current without having to fin like a maniac.

Especially nice when you are doing safety stop near a pinacle or ledge in current, everyone else is either blown off or finning like mad to do there stops. My buddy and I hook in, send up the SMB and watch the world go by. Being inches from Baracuda as they cruise past and you arent moving is spooky

Most valuable accessory is my dive computer. I call it an accessory, cause I don't have to use it, I have a brain. But it does keep track of the dive and shows me what I have done right or wrong in a neat printout. Never will use it to control my dive, but for tracking the dive its a great little accessory.

Least valuable accessory is a tank banger. What a piece of cr@p. I'm embarrassed and ashamed to admit I actually purchased one.

Albion:
Reef hook, best $10 gadget.

-- edit --
ok answered 2 msgs down. never mind.

--- orig ---
What exactly is a reef hook??? I am pictureing something in my mind, that would make the people at project aware have puppies....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom