Diving after a root canal????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello all, I am curious about diving right after having a root canal. I am having a root canal sealed up on the 14th(tomorrow) and i'm supposed to be diving on the 17th. Im going along with my fiance's class(she is getting certified). I'd like to dive with her after her class but dont have to. We are leaving for the bahamas in a month and i dont want to chance any complications with diving there. I voiced my concern with my dentist and he prescribed an antibiotic for me that he said would keep me trouble free. My concern was with air getting trapped underneath the temporary filling and then causing an expansion injury upon accent. The dentist said not to worry, but i was curious if anyone has any experience with this. Thanks, Nik

I will be finding out in a week. In the mean time I have discovered that the codeine tablets make a wonderful match with a rum and coke.

i've had 2 root canals. first one - 1 visit and sealed up - no issues diving. 2nd one required multiple visits with a temp crown in between. DAMN - the pain....

This zombie thread is six and half years old.
Hey OP, does it still hurt?

(mine does).

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom