Diving Anchorage, Alaska

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh my GOD the viz in Whittier was so good today!!! I think it is the best I have ever seen in Whittier. It was also pretty cold. When my face hit that water - whooooooo, baby!!! Did see a seal though - first time I saw anything "big" in Whittier :)

Hehehe.... oh geez... you had to go say that word....cold :( I'm expecting it. so I guess I'm mentally preparing myself for the shock...been splashing my face with cold water too. Only problem is... I'll be in a drysuit, and I'm worried that initial cold shock is going to make me want to go, if you know what i mean. . I'll be going through dry suit fitting and orientation on Wednesday. I'm definitely getting pretty excited about diving in Whittier this weekend.

Hehehe.... oh geez... you had to go say that word....cold :( I'm expecting it. so I guess I'm mentally preparing myself for the shock...been splashing my face with cold water too.
My computer indicated water temp of 5C :)

Only problem is... I'll be in a drysuit, and I'm worried that initial cold shock is going to make me want to go, if you know what i mean.
Yeah, that's a bummer. Make sure you "go" before you hop in the suit. Also, stay away from tea, coffee, soda, etc. They all have caffiene that makes you want to "go" too :)

I'll be going through dry suit fitting and orientation on Wednesday. I'm definitely getting pretty excited about diving in Whittier this weekend.
Good luck :)

Heading out to Whittier in the morning for my checkout dives: 3 dives on Saturday, 2 dives on Sunday. For some reason, I can't get myself to sleep. Guess I'm a little excited. It's going to be an interesting experience. There'll be 2 of us finishing up our OW certifications and a couple of instructors will be with us taking pictures and possibly filming...hehehe hopefully, I don't embarrass myself too bad, and I'll get a few to post :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom