Diving around Orlando

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

washow88

Reaction score
I am flying to Disney in Orlando this month on the 19th and leaving on the 25th. I would like to go away from Disney and dive for a day.
Anyone know of a good dive site operation around Orlando during a weekday?

You closest and best bet is Sea Dog Divers. ( http://www.seadogdiver.com ) Keep in mind they do cater to the hunters so you will see spearguns onboard. JB is a great Capt. And Rick, the shop owner, is a great guy. Their number is (386) 424-1644. They are only about 45 min. to 1 hr. away depending on where you are staying. They are located in New Symrna. Otherwise you have to go to Jupiter, West Palm, or Ft. Lauderdale. All of the diving we do out of Port Canaveral is low vis hunting and there aren't any charters.

Hope this helps.

Try http://www.floridastateparks.org/bluespring/

It's about an hour north of Orlando. I rented tanks in Lake Mary (a town) at a shop right off the highway. It's a little bit of a hike to the water, but on a walkway and a nice dive. Viz is as far as the walls. PM me if you want more information.

I forgot about Bluesprings but you absolutely have to have a partner or you don't get wet. Plus no lights unless you are cave certified. Bluesprings is located in Orange City. I go there when the ocean is kicked up and the vis sucks. If you need any info contact me. My Uncle is the Park Ranger there. I just assumed you wanted an ocean dive. I only go there about once a year anymore. I'd rather be in the ocean.

there's always Divequest at Epcot if you can't get away

easyrider:
there's always Divequest at Epcot if you can't get away

I've heard that's an excellent experience even if it's a bit pricey. And they supply all the gear except a mask (to prevent contamination issues in the tank).

WAShow88- It sounds like you are going to the same show as T-N-T!?! His POST has the same days as yours.

I mentioned to him that we are having a FLorida Conch Dive the 19th. We are diving the AQUAZOO and several people are coming from the Orlando area to do this dive.

IF you can get away earlier as in the Friday Night the 18th and fly inn that night you can dive with us the next day Saturday the 19th. I would say that we could set up a dive Sunday the 20th but er.. lets see.. Florida Conch diving is VERY hard on the body and usually no one is in any condition to dive the next AM.

Eric

washow88:
I am flying to Disney in Orlando this month on the 19th and leaving on the 25th. I would like to go away from Disney and dive for a day.
Anyone know of a good dive site operation around Orlando during a weekday?

You have a PM

Thank you all for the help, and I am sorry that it took so long. I was out of town and I did not have access to check my mail.
I booked with Epcot ten days ago and I think you do not need to bring anything, not even the mask unless you use a prescription mask.
I am flying to Orlando on the 19th so I will miss the Aquazoo dive with the Florida Conch Divers.

EPCOT is a great dive, although I suspect that contamination is only a small part of the reason for only using park gear. The divers are visible to other guests and draw quite a bit of attention. So the park makes sure you have good looking gear with the sponsor's name quite obviously displayed on it. Marketing. The attraction has a sponsor. I would not do for a competitor's gear to be on display there.

Plus, divemasters wear one color and guest divers wear another. Makes for easy identification.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom