Diving at Palua Weh - Shot with Gopro Hero 3+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Torch will only work to a short distance. At greater depths the filter is still effective enough. You can use a torch with the filter at greater depths but stuff closer to the camera may be a bit too red.

thanks for the tips! :)

at what depth will the red filter not work?
more than 30m? or 20m?

Planning to go bali and dive again. I am not bored of bali!!! surprisingly. haha
Have been diving there for 3 trips, i think i have a total of 40 over dives done in bali.

thanks for the tips! :)

at what depth will the red filter not work?
more than 30m? or 20m?

Planning to go bali and dive again. I am not bored of bali!!! surprisingly. haha
Have been diving there for 3 trips, i think i have a total of 40 over dives done in bali.

I've used the red filter as far as 33m and it still was effective. The range of colors are reduced a bit but its still a vast improvement to no filter. To be fair, it was in Grand Cayman with the some of the clearest water I've seen.

I'm planning to go dive Bali next May of next year. Can't wait.

I'm in Danau Toba now and heading to Pulau Weh in a couple days!

Personally, I find that these Polar Pro filter does NOT perform any color correction, they just add a pinkish hue to the footage. Of course, the red coral will apear redder than without a filter but the sand remains blue/green, the dark areas turn brown/maroon. The people that make that filter never dove, what to expect?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom