Diving beginning of January in Miami

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oops, then I won't be able to dive with you, but I'd give Bill at Sea Experience a call, he runs every day (unless the seas are too rough, of course) and he'll go out with two divers.

I could make it on sunday if they do afternoon dives (my flight gets into FLL at 11:30) maybe american dreams, who leaves at 1:30 could be a possibility.)

I will be headed down to Miami for the Orange Bowl (GO HAWKEYES!!!) I was thinking of sneaking in a dive or two on the 3rd or 4th, do most of the dive ops keep running throughout the winter? If so, what are the water temps?

If you can't find anyone going out, I can do a beach dive at night on either the 3rd or 4th.

I hope they keep Vandenburg in for the game, Stanzi's the weakest player on the team (minus the 4th quarter). Don't know why everyone keeps fluffing him, just like they did Tate a few years ago.

If you can't find anyone going out, I can do a beach dive at night on either the 3rd or 4th.

I hope they keep Vandenburg in for the game, Stanzi's the weakest player on the team (minus the 4th quarter). Don't know why everyone keeps fluffing him, just like they did Tate a few years ago.
I might take you up on the beach dive offer on sunday night - the fourth I will dive in the AM - after a summer of NC coast blow outs (5 for 24 this year) I will take any opportunity - how does getting tanks to dive work? (any shops that are local were I can rent and return the next day?)

Ya not sure what to think about vandenburg vs stanzi - Stanzi is a winner (13 in a row?)- just gives you a heart attack while doing so -I can almost guarantee you Stanzi will start the bowl game- but next year might be interesting in V has a good spring, just hope it is not distracting - but drives both players to be better. FWIW - if stanzi does not get hurt - no way Iowa loses the NW game.

- how does getting tanks to dive work? (any shops that are local were I can rent and return the next day?)

Most places have 24 hour rental period, so no problem there.

Ya not sure what to think about vandenburg vs stanzi - Stanzi is a winner (13 in a row?)- just gives you a heart attack while doing so -I can almost guarantee you Stanzi will start the bowl game- but next year might be interesting in V has a good spring, just hope it is not distracting - but drives both players to be better. FWIW - if stanzi does not get hurt - no way Iowa loses the NW game.

True, he does win. He's about as inconsistent as can be though. No doubt the would've beat NW, but I'm glad they didn't. I wouldn't have been able to make it to the Rose bowl, but the Orange bowl is right around the corner for me.

A beach dive does sound good and we could probably get a group for that. You'll have the rest of your own gear, right? I'll bet you could get one of us to bring along a tank for you as long as you reimburse for the cost of the airfill.

A beach dive does sound good and we could probably get a group for that. You'll have the rest of your own gear, right? I'll bet you could get one of us to bring along a tank for you as long as you reimburse for the cost of the airfill.

Ya, I am bringing all my own gear (I am flying southwest so I do not have to pay to check). I will gladly pay for an airfill if someone has an extra tank or two.

soamelt - I am assuming you have tix to the game? I was hoping fiesta - would have had free lodging and free tix - plus Iowa would have more fans at the game.

Any good beach dives in Miami??? Thinking about coming down in January too.

Any good beach dives in Miami??? Thinking about coming down in January too.
No. Believe it or not, the very best beach diving in the entire continental USA is in Broward County, just north of Miami.

While not a traditional "beach dive", a great shore dive in Palm Beach County is the Blue Heron Bridge. Do a search on it here and you'll see it's a locals favorite and if the ocean is too rough during your January visit, you can still do it. I just made a night dive there this evening...one of the most interesting dives of my life.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom