Diving clubs around Guelph?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mstachowsky

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Howdy all,

I'm looking to see if there are any diving clubs around Guelph/Kitchener/Waterloo area. I'm already aware of the Mississauga diving club, and I'll probably be doing some dives with them, but I wonder if there is anything closer?

MIKE

I believe each Dive Shop has somewhat of a dive club asociated with it. It may be more or less official. People associated with the Tri-City Diving in Kitchener (my local "go to" DS in the K-W area) seem to meet quite regularly every wednesday around 6 pm at the Gulliver's Lake. I only know the shop owners and have met a few instructors while doing my AOW and they all seemed nice. If you find a dive club (or are looking for a dive buddy), let me know by PM, I may be interested in doing local dives from time to time. I have mainly done warm water diving so far and woudl not mind spending more time under water.

More like a group of divers who dive together rather than a formal club. On the weekend, for example, Dean's Sport and Dive shop "group" went to Sarnia, the water temp was 69F, had a blast. Check the websites of the different shops for what they're diving when.

Yeah, definitely each shop has a community attached to it. I've been diving out at Gulliver's with Groundhog divers lately, and that has been awesome. :p I only wish I had remembered that Kitchener-Waterloo existed before getting my OW cert. I had to drive all the way out to Mississauga to get it done haha.

Thanks for the replies,

MIKE

I dove with Groundhog for a while and then with Tri-City. I really like most of the people at Tri-City and really enjoy anything with them (Tobermory trips, Gilboa trips).....Wednesday nights with them at Gulliver's would be a great way to acquire a couple dive buddies so you can do more interesting dives like Tobermory or Cedar Hill on the weekends.

It is too bad I do not get out more.....I am only in the Acton/Rockwood area

Right now Gullivers must be like a bathtub in terms of the temperature.

The Mississauga club is doing some good dives this month. Brockville if enough people sign up and the Wexford maybe. Plus they should be diving the Sligo in Toronto Harbour soon.

Only downside to the club right now is the current leadership is moving into tech and we figure that will throw off the planning and number of good dives. Anyways, there are divers who dive out of groundhog divers that are members of the club, you can ask them if you want detailed information or email the club.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom