Diving Coz from Isla Mujeres in a day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knockneed Man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Are there any Isla dive ops that will take you diving in Coz for the day?

Going to Isla with a non diving friend later this month. Since it’s not whale shark season im trying to figure out a day trip. I’d even do a private charter that combo’s fishing/trolling across to coz and then diving (if there were an op that were good at both). But mostly likely seeking a fast boat option to just dive. Not sure what the distance time wise is between the two.

I don’t know where they dive, besides Manchones and MUSA, but, when I got my OW in Cancun, AquaWorld picked up divers at Isla Mujeres both days. Might not hurt to check them out and see what they offer. They might do dives around Coz, but I don’t know.

Try a dive shop in puerto moreles.
Coz is too far.

Agreed, Coz is too far, not feasible in a day.

I know its not Cozumel, but there is diving from Isla Mujeres too, as I understand it, they hit all the sites dived from Cancun. The shipwreck + reef dive I did from Cancun was pretty good - not much of a wreck, but tons of sealife on the reef. We dove first week in Dec, and it was eagle ray season, we saw lots of them.

There are some ok dive sites on Isla Mujeres. Manchones, Pailas, Chitales, Punta Sur, the wrecks 55 and 58, Punta Negra, Media Luna, Puentes.....

MUSA is not one of them.

You should be able to catch some Eagle Rays this time of year at the wrecks.

Back
Top Bottom