Diving for Dollars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The OP is in Michigan and not likely to find much hull cleaning work in freshwater. Pretty much a saltwater thing only. Not exclusively, but pretty much.

I hear that there are some big lakes up that way, some even call them great.

Yeah and Finger too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up some cash, I sold off some of the anchors I found on the bottom of the local lake last summer. Not a lot of money, but it will get me an air card or so.

Bob

Cut ropes/fishing gear from props and stuff, yeah as much as possible.. fixed price around 400$ an hour with that being a minimum regardless if you spend only 5 minutes... best one so far, local harbor dock, cut one tiny rope, 3min dive time= 400$.

Also when harbor guys need dock chains/ropes changed.. same price.

The dragon did you advertise? Go to the boat harbor with flyers? Word of mouth?

The dragon did you advertise? Go to the boat harbor with flyers? Word of mouth?

NO, kinda illegal work over here (when taking money for the work) but.. :)

word spreads among the fishing fleet, and soon i get recommended by all kinda people... this is a smal place tho.

And i strongly doubt that kinda money could be made in the US (?)

What i "charge" btw is only like 1/3 of what a sertified dive company would take for the same job. . So no wonder they pay without blinking an eye..

Just a little FYI..
There is only one diving company here that does this kinda work, and preaty much just one very active rec diver around here (me) lol..
Soo the fishing guys options aren't to many :p

Live the dream, become an instructor. Fame, fortune, and glory will all fall your way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom