Diving in Abu Dhabi?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in Abu Dhabi...not yet a diver
I've checked a bunch of places that give the PADI open water course, any recomendations?
I'm debating between the Gulf Marine Sports and DIVCO

Thanks... to anyone who would reply after a year from the last post lol

:popcorn:

September 2001 and revived. This must be a near record!

elmhajir:
I'm in Abu Dhabi...not yet a diver
I've checked a bunch of places that give the PADI open water course, any recomendations?
I'm debating between the Gulf Marine Sports and DIVCO

Thanks... to anyone who would reply after a year from the last post lol

:popcorn:

Contact Othman Bezri at +97150-4462501. He will honestly teach you how to dive and not "present you with a license in 3 days or less" that other places in the UAE are fondly practicing.

Contact Othman Bezri at +97150-4462501. He will honestly teach you how to dive and not "present you with a license in 3 days or less" that other places in the UAE are fondly practicing.

I'm in Dubai, got my PADI OW cert in December. I did feel as if I went through the course a little fast, as you say. I have opted to switch to BSAC to do their Sports Diver rather than PADI Advanced Open Water, start around middle Feb with that. There are also a host of other advantages in switching to the BSAC group.

This Othman Bezri, can anyone tell us a little more about him?

The Enviromental Diving Association of the UAE has a conclusive list of diving companies. All the companies have to be vetted by the EDA. There are hundreds now, especially along the Eastern Coast in Khorfakan, and Dibba etc. where the coral reefs are at their best. I'm currently sitting at Freestyle Divers, in the Royal Beach Hotel, Dibba. They are minutes away from Dibba Rock where the diving is great. This morning there have been 20 devil rays! just off the rock. Classes can be taught in Dubai, along with pool sessions, but the open water dives can be done over on this side where the diving is at it's best. There is also a BSAC (BRITISH SUB AQUA CLUB) affiliated club, the DSAC (Dubai Sub Aqua Club),which is a very active group, with pub club house and numerous weekend dives including monthly dhow trips to the Mussadam, Oman. The highlight of any diving here in the UAE.

There is a BSAC group in Abu Dhabi, actually there are two. The first is ADMA, under the oil company but it is closed to company employees. The second is ADSAC(Abu Dhabi Sub Aqua Club), which is a group in the British Club, Abu Dhabi. You have to be a member of the club first to join the diving group. There is a waiting list to join the club, but if you are joining it for diving purposes let them know and it moves you up the list. They do do some training, but sometimes, it's easier to get the Padi Open Water qualification before joining, so you get to dive right away instead of wait for the next BSAC course which are few and far between, dependent on the Instructors available in the ADSAC group.

Hi there....Seconded to Abu Dhabi for 18 months work. Have always wanted to learn how to dive but lived in Ireland (brrr!). Anybody know of a good school/club in the Abu Dhabi/Dubai area. Thanks.
Hi Shauna

I am the chairperson of Abu Dhabi Sub Aqua Club, we do loads of diving here and we can train you. Once you arrive in Abu Dhabi, call "The Club" on 02 673 1111 and ask for my number, just ask them for the dive club chairmans number.

Regards

Kevin

Hi there....Seconded to Abu Dhabi for 18 months work. Have always wanted to learn how to dive but lived in Ireland (brrr!). Anybody know of a good school/club in the Abu Dhabi/Dubai area. Thanks.
OKay, I must have celebrated to much today, being Christmas, just found that Shauna's post to which I replied was a 100 years ago.

September 2001 and revived. This must be a near record!
LOL, anyway much better than re-discussing old topic in a new thread altogether.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom