Diving In Baja Mex - Salsipuedes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SNOBORDJON:
Thats what I figured scott, if you look at the pictures from the links above, you'll see nice cove areas. I'm thinking good diving!
how does it work with taking lobster down there...or fish...do you need license or permits?

definitely good diving, you have to be blind not to see the diving areas from the highway. nothing like a fresh (relatively) unexplored dive site!!

I read up on this before our last mexico dive trip, and everything I read says gringos are not allowed to take lobsters or any invertebrate in mexico, it will land you in a mexican jail (don't worry, those are sort of like club meds).

fishing & spearing you will definitely need a license.

scott

scottfiji:
...it will land you in a mexican jail (don't worry, those are sort of like club meds).
You've obviously never known someone that has been in one. :11:

Christian

headhunter:
You've obviously never known someone that has been in one. :11:

Christian

I've known a few people who have been in jail in Mexico, they said it was fine. They got served good food (even fresh guacomole), their beds were better than mexican hotels, and the female guards were cute. They said they'd have no problem going through the experience again, as long as it wasn't for more than a year. They even got to go into town on their own, as long as they left a deposit.

Scott, I have never heard anything good about Mexican jails! I did hear from a friend who was accused of being a cocaine smuggler while he was at the ATM. After the cop requested all his money the "charges" were not pursued... Jail has to suck anywhere, but I'd think it's worse than here south of the border...

Sean

scottfiji:
I've known a few people who have been in jail in Mexico, they said it was fine. They got served good food (even fresh guacomole), their beds were better than mexican hotels, and the female guards were cute. They said they'd have no problem going through the experience again, as long as it wasn't for more than a year. They even got to go into town on their own, as long as they left a deposit.
The people that I've known who have been in a Mexican jail have said exactly the opposite. I've known both Mexican nationals and Americans that have been in prison there and the reports have been pretty scary.

Of course, I haven't known anyone in this predicament for a very long time, so maybe things have changed.

Christian

Sounds like a great spot. Can anybody clarify what the approx. water temp is at depth in the summer?

EricJ:
Sounds like a great spot. Can anybody clarify what the approx. water temp is at depth in the summer?
Its usually a bit colder there than here. I would say between 62-69 midsummer with high 50's below 60ft.

John

Back
Top Bottom