Diving In Crete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pagkratiasths

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
never dive in crete - greece??

meet the underwater world of greece

meet the the land of poseidon and apollon
smell the air of aiolos
taste the food of crete (healthiest food)

i invite you to visit us
2 diving centers 20 employees
3 boats
just to serve you

visit us Home
mail us pagkratiasths@gmail.com

we can also book you hotel. and make the transfer from the hotel to diving centers and
back for free

Since Iraklion is quite a large city, I wonder if the pollution affects diving in the area?

Would diving on the southern side of the island ( I believe there are dive operators near Ierapetra, wonderful name - Sacred Stone - as you know ) be better in respect to visibility and natural surroundings , perhaps with less abundant archaeological possibilities?

pagkratiasths, Is Adermis still on the Island, He did a private guiding for a week for me we stored our gear at Cretea dive shop in Hania.

polution ??? no i dont think so
the only prob in the north is the too many fishers greek people prefer
fishing ryther than scuba
for sure the south and ierapetra as you sed its very beautiful plases
the only problem is little more cold water and the winds there
but still amazing places to see round all crete

i dont know about adermis is he the owner of the dive center??

arheological thinks is everywhere in greece under every stone has big history
unfortunatelly many underwater , not only, are taken off the water and sold in others countries
for idivitsuals. we try to protect but you now maney rules in this earth...

ierapetra its true means holy stone
every greek city the name sathing means
like heraklion means the beauty of the soul ......

regards to everyone

Hello to all!
I've been diving several times in Crete. I dove on the southwestern side at Palicorea. I managed to only do one dive there but it was fun and met up with a lot of friendly Marine life, my favorite.
The water was clear with visiblity well past 30 meters, calm sea, warm water. The dive center was very good and professional. If it is important I will find out the website address. I also dove at Aios Nickolios which was a real expierence. Crete being a island you can dive off the shore and within minutes you at a depth of 40 meters!!!! Not too much marine life but also clear waters.
Enjoy!!!! I'm ready to go back and do a third trip to Crete, great place wonderful and warm folks,
Rauven

Worked in Crete (Aghios Nikolaos) but sadly the diving there is bland. Excellent visibility but very little to see. Most fish life has gone or been eaten and large areas of bare rock. A lot of the archaeological sites remain illegal to dive and despite wrecks being legalised now a large number of dive centres cant be bothered to go and do them.

Its a pity as its got great conditions and therefore potential but sadly lacking in things to actually see. Its ok for maybe 1 or 2 sneaky dives on a family holiday but gets very repetitive very shortly after that.

I lived on Crete for a couple of years, and spent so much time in the water exploring different spots. It's been a while since I've been there, but I'm looking forward to getting back very soon. When I do, I'll set it up through you.

Welcome to the board!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom