Diving in Dumaguete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wahlaoeh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi there,

Once again, I'm planning a week trip to the Philippines this May. This time round, I'd would like to check out Dumaguete (Apo Island and Dauin) after hearing a lot of good reviews about the diving there. Pls help to recommend a good dive resort which has nice and cosy rooms and good dive guides.

Thanks so much.

Happy bubbles,
Jovin-

Jovin,

I give thumbs up to Atlantis. A bit pricey, but nice cozy rooms, awesome DM's, and some pretty good food. All of the staff were wonderful. When I went there last Aug, I practically had the entire resort to myself. They even let me take the bangka alone to Apo Island for the day and the cook prepared a massive feast for the lunch on the boat. Rooms are pretty good size, huge comfy bed, and a nice little swimming pool in the complex.

Make sure you have a big enough memory card for your camera. lot's of interesting critters all over the place in Dauin :D

Mike Veitch:
Pak, aren't you going to PI in May?

You and Jovin should hook up...

OK cupid...:popcorn:

Anyways, I'm trying to find some new dive sites in Asia to go to for May or June.

I would have to agree with Pakman...I loved Atlantis. It's a very cool little resort with nice rooms, good food, an awesome house reef and fantastic guides. I could have dived Dauin for weeks looking for critters and been very happy!! :jump:

Mike, Jen: Thanks so much for your suggestion.

Mike V: :no I'm already been hooked so...anyway, I've suggested to Mike to go to Maldives for his May/June trip to get hooked :eyebrow:

I've done some research and narrow down my choices to Alantis and El Dorado. The latter is offering me a better deal including a sea view room that looks really comfortable and cosy, halfboard, unlimited boat dives and transfers for almost the same price as Alantis.

So, for those that have been to both. Which will be your choice?

Thanks.

Jovin-

that's a pretty good deal... I wonder how they work the unlimited boat dives... that's a first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom