Diving in HAITI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Kaliko Beach Club Marina / Dive Center, Cote des A
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello All Divers !!!

We are glad to join ScubaBoard tonight and would like to introduce ourselves: we are Nicole & Jose ROY from HAITI. We Have survived all Haitian turmoils for the past 20 years and are still operational - now at Kaliko Beach Club, Cote des Arcadins, Route Nationale #1. I am a Padi Dive Master and my wife Nicole is a Padi Instructor.

We would like to tell you DIVING is GREAT around here. Hotels are safe and clean, offering French & Creole cuisine, but we love Italian food too.....

This is a Paradise for UW photography , nice warm & cristal clear waters, Wall and Wreck dives, shallow or deep reef dives, you name it. The Divers Community here is small but very active. We hope this information will be useful to thoses who were asking questions about diving in Haiti.

Happy bubbles,

Jose & Nicole

Neat....I lived at Cornier Plage, near Cap Haitien in early '90's and recall the most incredible diving. Love to go back some day.

Hello Carolyn,

Whenever you can come in Haiti, just let us know. It will be a pleasure for us to welcome you and promise you will never forget the dives around here.

Just to give yo an idea: a Tropical-Garden-Like spot at only 20 feet but gorgeous for photograpy - shallow dives at the islands of Arcadins in crystal-clear waters - a superb cargo wreck at 50 to 112 feet - another bigger one for Tech Dives at 114 to 200 feet - an impressive wall at "La Gonave" going down from 30 to 3,000 feet with a vertical visibility around 100 feet- and all this in warm waters, swimming pool like conditions.

I love diving here. I hope some day we can share that experience with you.

Thank yo for your reply.
Safe bubbles,
Nicole

Nicole,

Bon Jour! How are you? Are you guys going to be at Kaliko Aug 31st-Sept7th? My current plan is to be in Haiti in Montrouis that week and I would like to come by Kaliko and meet you. That week will also be a groundwork trip for our future work there and we will be doing some reef studies next Spring if things go well. Thank you for your time! Bondye beni Ou! Bondye beni Haiti!

john

Hi Nicole
I will come and dive with you, one day! Often wonder if Jean-Claude is still there? Saw him on a TV program a few years back, with respect to one of several wrecks he spoke of....the Marie Celest, in this case. That parrot startled many new guests, who then shared their fruit. I lived just up the beach for somewhere in the ballpark of 6 months.
Mike

Hello John,

Yes, we will be there waiting for you. It will be great to dive together. Ke Bondye tande ou pou sove Haiti: mesi ampil.

Nicole

Nicole,

Bon Jour! How are you? Are you guys going to be at Kaliko Aug 31st-Sept7th? My current plan is to be in Haiti in Montrouis that week and I would like to come by Kaliko and meet you. That week will also be a groundwork trip for our future work there and we will be doing some reef studies next Spring if things go well. Thank you for your time! Bondye beni Ou! Bondye beni Haiti!

john

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom