Diving in Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seehorse

Reaction score
Hey fellow scuba lovers!
My first message here. My husband and I are experienced divers, trained on the California Coast and dive in cold and warm water all over the world. Been to Cozumel a couple of times and now am planning a trip with teenage kids (both certified but not really done much diving). My daughter has no passport so we are limited to Mexico and Canada for our trip . Thinking about staying in our timeshare we bought last time we were in Coz (stupid move) it's in between Cancun and Playa Del Carmen. Sounds like lots of stuff to do for non-divers and my husband and I could sneak across the channel to dive Coz and set the kids free for a day or two.
My big question: What is the weather like in Late July? It sort of looks nasty due to hurricane weather, and pretty hot and humid. Anybody been there or anywhere else we could go this time of year where the weather is not awful and you don't need a passport? And where there are actually things to do topside (We got caught in hurricane Charley last year in Cayman Brac and there is NOTHING to do there if you don't dive!)
Hope to hear from you soon,
Seehorse :dazzler1:

Hi seahorse and welcome to SB. Mexico in July is very hot as you probably know. I visit during May and October, a little more bearable for my wife and I. About passports, I thought I heard in the near future you will be required to travel abroad with a passport, and traveling with one is much easier anyway, even in Mexico.
David

You bought a time share on the mainland. Okayyyyyyy....

Go ahead and get all the kids passports, as you'll need them, even for Mexico. Have a great time on your trip. PM me if I can help you find your way around here....

don :pirate:

Yea, I'm going to Cancun in August. I should have just gone to Cozumel instead of having to take the ferry, but what can you do.

Have a good time in Mexico and enjoy yourself here.

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom