Diving in New Hampshire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atlantic Aquasports in my opinion is the only shop to deal with in the Portsmouth area. The shop is run by Don Stevens and his daughter Erica. Top notch operation all the way. Whether filling, buying, or just stopping by for a chat this is the place.

Diving in New England is beautiful! Especially if you like diving the Great Lakes.

Some people have already mentioned this but Nubble Light, off the coast of NH/ME, is one of my favorite dive spots in all New England. Cape Ann in MA also offers tons of beautiful dive spots. And those are just shore dives. There are lot's of great boat dives also, especially if you like to dive with seals.

You'll see cool creatures that you won't see in the Great Lakes like Sculpins, Sea Ravens, Squid, and of course tons of lobsters and crabs. There's a book that most of my New England dive friends use as an ID book of local life: Marine Life of the North Atlantic by Andy Martinez. You can check it out to find out more about the local marine life.

You'll also see the most amazing underwater terrain here in the New England waters. There's such a variety that you'll be entertained just by the terrain.

Lastly, did you know that you can see tropical fish in RI in the Fall? It's not too far to go from NH.

If you dive the Great Lakes and then move out here I think you'll find the diving here to be amazing.

Good luck!

If you would like to drive 1 hour south to Boston checkout www.bostondiving.com. Capt / PADI Instructor Jim Sullivan caters for everybody. There are some great dive sites in the Boston Harbor that Jim visits daily. It's a great day out as it is more of a private charter with cheap rates. Check it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom