Diving in Oman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very good.

However I have yet to go there since the Covid pandemic struck, so I'm not sure about how good the dive ops are these days.
Can I ask where you have dived please ? Is there big stuff to see there ?

Big Stuff is 100% not guaranteed :D

Musandam (North Oman) has frequent sightings of pelagics including Mola Mola and whale sharks during certain times of the year.

Further south off the main coast of Oman, there are frequent sightings of dolphins and whales on the surface. However at the Daminiyat Islands during July-September there are frequent sightings of whale sharks.

This particular example was photographed at a site called the "Aquarium" off the Damaniyats and it stayed with us for two dives and the SI.

The boat was 9m in length.

Great, thanks for that, how does it compare to other diving in the region, the red sea etc
Also what is the price of the diving there and accommodation etc.
I tend to backpack, thanks for your help.

Oman is a bit better than UAE, but not as good as the Red Sea.

I have no recent experience of dive ops since before the Covid pandemic so I can't comment now, but before they were a bit more expensive than UAE Dive ops where you generally get two boat dives for USD100 without gear or Nitrox. Best to check through Google, but I was using SeaOman as they are closer to UAE when driving from Dubai.

There are other dive ops in Muscat and some decent diving around there too.

For accommodation prices, best check through Booking.com.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom