Trip planning advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How would you compare Villa Aldora/Aldora Divers and Roberta Scuba Sack/Lodge? in terms of location, dive service, accomodations?
You save money on accommodations with Roberta Scuba Sack but you're giving up the oceanfront location of VA and those ocean views so take that into account when you imagine what your time outside of the water will feel like. For some people, saving $40/night is totally worth giving up an oceanfront location ("it's just a walk across the street!") and for others, it completely transforms the feel of the entire vacation to stay in a garden complex across the road from the water vs having ocean views from your unit, or even the common areas of the resort where you're staying. If you're on a tight budget, will save you some money but you're also giving up a lot in my opinion. Personally, my time and the expense of flying need to be maximized so while I'm way too cheap to ever buy coffee from Starbucks (except when I'm at an airport), I will absolutely spend a few hundred more over the course of a trip if it elevates the vibe of my entire vacation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom