Picking a new op with pier pickup at Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry. He’s with Blue Project. Brain fart.

We are considering BA and actually have booked that way, but our once 8 person group shrunk to 4 (they missed booking) and were told a large group coming in. Looking at options as we don’t necessarily want to get subsumed by that group which may dictate who goes on what boat. I really would not want to go out on a 10 am boat

Restaurant time can be an issue as we know that at 7 the kitchen gets busy and backed up, and eating can get rushed so I’d usually just get the smoothie as it was quicker. Pre ordering is a great idea
Imo and fwiw, if BA is leaving at 9am, that's a selling point to me. Where I stay I watch many rushed, tensed up divers coming to breakfast on a mission to eat and get on the pier for their 8am departures. I'm up very early, and have pah-lenty of time to drink some coffee, eat some breakfast, get my gear ready, drink some gatorade and just chill the whole time, because the shop I dive with leaves at 9am. In close to 400 dives with that shop, I've only encountered divers that aren't in our group 3 or 4 times. When we're back-rolling, most of the 8am shops are just about to start their SI.

This is just a guess, but if there's a big group, they'll likely be on the big boat. I'd tell the shop you don't want to be on a big boat with your 3 buddies, and this is another guess, but I suspect they'd accommodate you.

Say what you want about the No Problem and it's 10:00 am departure, but if there is one saving grace about a slow and late departing vessel it is that the No Problem is the only BA boat with a head. Not so much an issue for me, but ask my wife who after diving from the Jibara learned of the No Problem's great benefit and, "poof" we were 10:00 am troopers for the rest of the week. YMMV

...I'm up very early, and have pah-lenty of time to drink some coffee, eat some breakfast, get my gear ready, drink some gatorade and just chill the whole time, because the shop I dive with leaves at 9am. In close to 400 dives with that shop, I've only encountered divers that aren't in our group 3 or 4 times. When we're back-rolling, most of the 8am shops are just about to start their SI.

This is just a guess, but if there's a big group, they'll likely be on the big boat. I'd tell the shop you don't want to be on a big boat with your 3 buddies, and this is another guess, but I suspect they'd accommodate you.
I am usually up at first light or before when I am on Cozumel; I love getting into a hammock with a cup of coffee at dawn and watching the island wake up. Pretty much every morning when it is just getting light, a swarm of swallows comes by; for a couple of minutes they are everywhere, swooping around chasing bugs, and then they are gone. By 8AM I am ready to go diving, and when I was there last year in April, I was on an 8AM boat most days.

You are correct; when a large group comes to stay and dive at BA they usually go out on the No Problem and it goes out whenever they want it to.

I just checked my dive logs from my BA dives last June and I splashed at Columbia Deep at 0947. I think the boat left the BA pier at 0900.

I just checked my dive logs from my BA dives last June and I splashed at Columbia Deep at 0947. I think the boat left the BA pier at 0900.
Was your computer set for the correct time zone? :D

Back
Top Bottom