Diving in Punta Cana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used Happy Dive. They picked me up at my resort in Punta Cana and they got me to Bayahibe, where I actually dove with Scuba Fun. The staff for both were great. Did a three dive excursion with them. As I recall, Scuba Fun didn’t provide transportation, so you’d have to arrange your own transportation if you schedule directly through them.

how's the diving down there? airfare is relatively affordable and its a short flight.

I thought it was decent. Limited experience, though. Did see several seahorses. That was a first for me. Decent amount of sea life, but I thought Coz was better. I dove a shallow wreck on one of our dives. That was cool. First wreck. Interesting to see how things settle on the sea floor and how the marine life takes over and starts calling it home.

ok, thanks. i'm kind of hooked on Colombia and Nicaragua these days but always looking for alternates. Might try out Panama later this summer, too.

I just got back from a resort in Punta Cana a few weeks ago. It wasn't primarily a dive vacation, but I brought my gear with and did some diving with Dressel at the Iberostar while the wife enjoyed some beach time. Didn't make it over to the south side of the island where the diving is supposedly much better, just some two tank boat dives off Punta Cana where I could be back by lunch. The diving around Punta Cana really wasn't great, but I had a fantastic time anyway. Water was like 79 degrees and the DMs were a fun group. Wave surge was significant, and had one day with really poor visibility, so got some good practice in both conditions. I wouldn't go back to Punta Cana as a dive destination, but the beach is fantastic and wouldn't hesitate to get in a few dives there again if at one of the resorts for a winter getaway. I'd probably do one of those full day dive trips to Bayahibe next time and check out that area too if I had the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom