Diving in York/Ogunquit area Sept 12, 13, 14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove with Spectrum and his wife last weekend at Cape Elizabeth. Great dives! My wife did her first cold water dive ever and only her third dive since certification in May. She had to wear a TON of weight and had a couple bouyancy control problems but nothing major and she loved the dive.

She was so worn out after the first dive that she crashed in the truck for a bit while Pete and I did dive #2.

Pete and Lorna, thank you for your patience and your company. We hope to dive with you again next year.

This weekend, wreck diving in Kingston, Canada for me!!!!!

It was a pleasure diving with both of you and especially fun diving as 2 couples. Apres dive was a nice time too. It's always fun to be around divers when they face a new challenge and especially so when they see "our world" for the first time. She did a fine job and I know with your mentoring she'll be in good hands.

We hope to share some dives with both of you again next year and might even end up in your part of the world at some point!

We're packed an loaded for our weekend of diving in RI.

Pete & Lorna

It is near Perkins Cove but that is a bit of a walk. I'd drive up Isreal Head road and then when you get the the fake lighthouse at the water/marginal way, park in one of the 15 spaces there on Stearns Road. You can walk down to the beach and scuba out around the point a bit. High tide is probably better as low is pretty low. Max depth probably 20-25 feet.

Commenting on this older thread after I found it searching for diving spots in Ogunquit. Had walked the Marginal Way yesterday with my daughter (who's also certified) and with my wife. The water looked very 'inviting' but access looked tricky (especially envisioning the process of parking and then lugging gear). I coincidentally had also convinced myself that this intersection of Israel Head Road and Stearns Road looked perfect. Nearby parking (though NOT a viable option this time of year) AND a convenient cement stairway down to the rocky beach. I'm definitely gonna try to head back here sometime after the Labor Day (when the tourist crowds thin out).

Let me know when you do this. I might be able to join you.

Count me in also - I also took a walk around there about a month ago with my wife and had the same thoughts about that access area by the lighthouse. Definately an after tourist season trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom