Diving le lac st jean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never gone to Orford lake.
Is it a good place? or it's a swamp pit?

Im in quebec, so i don't whant to ride 2h40 to dive in a swamp pit...

It used to be crystal clear water, it's been widely used for certification (I certified there in '93), it's degraded a lot, viz is much lower now. Still a nice place for relaxing night dives if you live close like I do with an easy entry point (at the rest area). Some parts are rocky so it's not a typical mud pit. There is also a cliff area wich is pretty cool. Is it worth the 2h+ drive? I dont really think so. If you are in the area though, it's nice to try it at least once. Is it worth the 20 minutes drive for me? Well, I did dive it pretty often so the rest area site I only do night dives but the cliff area is worth it when I dont have much time.

Since your in the capital area, you must know about Flinkote quarry?

wardric:
nice pics btw Attchoum
Mets-en!!

J'espère peut-être aller cet automne!!

OK, back to English!

Wouldn't it be cool to have a Qc sub-forum? Maybe we could make sure that we ban anyone who mentions FQAS? :wink:

abitton:
Mets-en!!

J'espère peut-être aller cet automne!!

OK, back to English!

Wouldn't it be cool to have a Qc sub-forum? Maybe we could make sure that we ban anyone who mentions FQAS? :wink:

Yes It would be cool if we had a QC forum but even better would be a Quebec forum on www.ontariodiving.com which is really the best site for finding out about dive sites & conditions in the fleuve st.laurent.

wardric:
Since your in the capital area, you must know about Flinkote quarry?

I dove flinkote about 16 time this years and about 34 on my 56 dive if i count all my dive.

the only thing i didn't see at flinkote is below 150 feet, so im bretty done whit flinkote.

Guylane charge 8$ ... sound cheap, but the garbage never collect, they are dog **** everywhere, chemical toillet are full since 3 week, and the road is really bad. One of my friend broke is car down there.

It's why im looking for new place but neer quebec, we don't have anything execpt deschambeau.

too bad

attchoum:
I dove flinkote about 16 time this years and about 34 on my 56 dive if i count all my dive.

the only thing i didn't see at flinkote is below 150 feet, so im bretty done whit flinkote.

Guylane charge 8$ ... sound cheap, but the garbage never collect, they are dog **** everywhere, chemical toillet are full since 3 week, and the road is really bad. One of my friend broke is car down there.

It's why im looking for new place but neer quebec, we don't have anything execpt deschambeau.

too bad

There's a pile of old truck tires at 171 ft near the snowmobile :wink:

I know what you mean, the Scuba Estrie bus is also degrading and has been vandalized. The mirror has been broken in the ready mix area. Trouts have been fished so there is only a few left.

my first dives after certification were done there in '94 and the place has been degrading I admit. Viz is not as it used to be, lots of algae and particles there (winter is better). I did 20 dives at that place over the years and seen it change with good and bad ameliorations.

Did a nice night dive in Lake Memphremagog yesterday. 102' for 82 minutes. temp was 41F at depth and 72F over the thermocline. Very nice. Nice rocky cliffs, Lots of fish. That's a place you could try. Theres are charters from Nordsud and Scuba Estrie. There are so many good sites on that lake you can hardly get tired of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom