Diving Nanaimo for one day only...help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stisso

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there,

My huband and I will be touring the island for a few days, and hope to do at least one day of diving around Nanaimo. I was wondering if you could recommend the best charter (i.e. best deal, trustworthy, etc.) that we could check out. We both have our AOW, but are still fairly green (25 dives each over the last year, mainly in the St. Lawrence)...and we'd really like to see some octopus and other marine life. Suggestions???

Thanks in advance!:D

stisso:
Hi there,

My huband and I will be touring the island for a few days, and hope to do at least one day of diving around Nanaimo. I was wondering if you could recommend the best charter (i.e. best deal, trustworthy, etc.) that we could check out. We both have our AOW, but are still fairly green (25 dives each over the last year, mainly in the St. Lawrence)...and we'd really like to see some octopus and other marine life. Suggestions???

Thanks in advance!:D
Best charter hands down in Nanaimo area http://www.divingbccanada.com/ They will feed you and have a warm cozy cabin to socialize in between dives. Very friendly staff too:D

Second that choice. Nice boat, great food.

Make that three votes! Ken absolutely has one of the best operations I have ever dove with. I travel from Ontario to Vancouver on business every few months and I always make a point of putting a weekend in there to get a couple of days diving in.

When are you thinking of going out?

I'm leaving tomorrow for another trip out and I'll be diving this weekend! :D

Andrew

KaBoOm:
Make that three votes! Ken absolutely has one of the best operations I have ever dove with. I travel from Ontario to Vancouver on business every few months and I always make a point of putting a weekend in there to get a couple of days diving in.

When are you thinking of going out?

I'm leaving tomorrow for another trip out and I'll be diving this weekend! :D

Andrew
We're hoping to dive early next week....but not sure what the charters are like. If we can't make a trip happen early in the week, we might be in for the weekend, too, Andrew!

I'll throw in my vote for Divers Choice too. Ken can also help you get a discount on accommodation if you need a place to stay in Nanaimo.

R..

KaBoOm:
I'll be out this weekend (June 24/25). Hope to see you!
Can't make it this weekend. Say hi to Holley, Janis and Doug for me.

One more vote for Ken and Divers Choice Charters. I did the Snake Island wall dive (not far from the marina) twice last October and found it good for critters watching, including wolf eels . . . but I didn't see octopus.
Bryan

Another great weekend with Diver's Choice! On Saturday I dove with Janis, Holley and Doug. First dive was the Saskachewan, but I ended up losing a fin in the rough water and strong current (VERY Windy) so I called the dive early. Too bad! However, Janis managed to find it for me!

Dive two was on the Cape Breton. It's tucked around the island there and it was much calmer, nice dive and it's good to see how much growth there has been in the last year since I last dove it.

Today I hooked up with Todd and his crew from Ocean Quest. Unfortunately the wind was even worse that yesterday so we did a couple of dives on the Rivtow. A nice wreck, but after two dives, you've pretty much seen it all. Thanks to Chris and Larry for being good buddies.

I have to say, after all the threads knocking Insta-Buddies, I can say that as a single diver, I've never had a problem on Ken's boat. Always the nicest people and easy to get along with. Thanks for making me feel welcome!

See you in a few more months!

Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom