Diving On Super Bowl Sunday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will be gearing up to dive soon, then home to shower and head down to watch the Stupid Bowl. Pretty easy for me since I live a 5 min drive from our dive park and here on the West Coast the game doesn't start until 3:30 pm. By then the tides will be too low to think about another dive.

Polled divers conflicted about who will be Super Bowl champs today...

Pats_To_Win.png

Maybe that's why so many have chosen to be underwater instead of in front of the TV today...

SuperBowl1.png

At the former Imperial Japanese Naval Base of Truk Lagoon, the battle site of the great US Navy WWII victory nearly 71 years ago - I am so proud to hear my National Anthem, and so thankful to be born an American - watching Super Bowl Sunday (live via satellite Monday morning here in Chuuk).

...and yet, you stick with the metric system :shakehead:
Because I can . . . (Edit: tie game now late 2nd Qtr, nice to finally show up Seahawk!).

I'm visiting my house in Boynton Beach from Basel and dived Friday and yesterday. I tried hard to get out this morning but 3 operators cancelled or decided not to go out due to wind and waves. Theoretically, I have an afternoon dive with Jupiter Dive center but would not be surprised if I got a call from them. Regardless, I will be back home by kick off. Though not an avid pro football fan, I still have emotional ties to the West coast, even after being in Philadelphia for 27 years, go Seahawks

See the Florida thread re my pregame show in Jupiter

Sorry Katy Perry (like the nice attractive eye candy though!). Bruno Mars had the better individual performance last year; can't beat the endurance & quality of a Singer-Songwriter-Musician who can play the drums, dance the choreography and belt out the songs (along with the 'Chili Peppers) for an entire halftime set.

---------- Post added February 1st, 2015 at 07:13 PM ----------

Hubris & Karma for you Coach Pete Carroll . . .you out-smarted yourself: Why didn't you just run the ball with Lynch one more time for that potential winning Touchdown???)

Game Over. 1:15pm Monday here in Truk Lagoon: think I'll do some wreck diving for the rest of the afternoon :-D !

Last edited:
[h=2]Thought it was interesting...
son of a gun
Noun[/h] (plural sons of guns)

• (euphemistic) son of a bitch

Origin The U.S. Navy publication Nomenclature of Ships (John Snelling, 1981) describes the origin of this phrase as follows:

In an attempt to keep down the large number of deserters in the British Navy, the sailors were kept on board their ships while in English ports. But "wives" were allowed on board; one per man, with no questions asked. Cramped conditions on the ships caused the "ladies" to sling their hammocks between the guns in the 'tween decks. The phrase "son of a gun" originated here. In fact, the expression questioned the legitimacy of anyone. The old definition of a man-o'-war's man was "Begotten in the galley and born under a gun. Every hair a rope yarn, every tooth a marlin's spike, each finger a fishhook and in his blood, right good Stockholm tar."

I had a good dive yesterday. 60mins at 210' (64m for Kev) and was home in time for kickoff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom