Diving the South PI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You may also want to try -Misamis Oriental an hour away from Cagayan De Oro proper. Duka Bay Resort or Mantangale Resort. I hear Camiguin Island is also a great place

I have only been to Duka bay. It's great diving.

I have been only able to dive in Northern Mindanao.

…and be able to chug down at least half a case of SMB without acting "funny"

diba paul? :)

@pabarge… the local coastal community here in davao is muslim predominate, but trust me you wouldn't want to go diving there… too much organic errr fertilizer in the water

bro i totally missed this one! :shakehead: sayang!
k lang... i hooked up with a friend who was making tampo because the last time i was there i didn't hook up with him (i was with you hahahahaha)

next time...

psst... btw... feb 22 dive ako with paul!

Jag

you mean solo diving skillz?

Some of the areas we dive are deep, have very strong currents and are many kilometers offshore. I do not advocate solo diving, but do advocate self reliance when diving sites like these.

Having the necessary experience and skills to dive safely in these challenging conditions and - if separated - being able to safely ascend and navigate/get back (or signal) the boat on your own are essential.

The best diving often goes hand in hand with conditions like these - eg Blue Corner, Palau. The better areas we dive are like this but are also a very, very long way from help if things go wrong.

We realise that this is not for everyone - but as I stated, the diving is better than anything we have experienced so far in the PI's - and is consistently good throughout the year.

In fact, on the last dive in the area a few weeks ago, we were followed to the surface by grey reef shark - a first for us anywhere. In fact, this is the only area we have dived in the PI's with healthy grey/white tip reef shark populations (hooray!).

Back
Top Bottom