DIY backplate and single tank adapter kits.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have some more of these if anyone wants project material, but the price is now $30.
Send a PM if you're interested.

-Mitch

I have some more of these if anyone wants project material, but the price is now $30.
Send a PM if you're interested.

-Mitch

I am looking into the idea of using a backplate with a set of double 30s or 40s. What would you suggest?

I can vouch for Mitch's work. I have an STA and it is nicely done!

Thanks "Three-Fiddy" ;-)

Rich,
Doubling up a set of 30's or 40's shouldn't change anything in regard to using a regular backplate. Depending on the spacing of the bands that you use, the center-to-center spacing of the tanks should be prety close to the center-to-center spacing of a set of bigger size doubles.

The overall width of a set of double 40's will be narrower or course, but not enough to make a difference in the size of the backplate. The height of the plate will still be the same also, just adjust the bands so that you maintain an 11'' hole spacing.

Finding the manifold migh be a challenge. I think there's a company that makes a set of bands for 40's.

There are some plans out there for DIY bands also.

To answer your question....I think a regular sized backplate would work great.
Mitch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom