DIY rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3dent:
“It doesn’t matter how much open-circuit experience that you have, with a rebreather you will be starting over.” I have a plan of action that will develop lots of rebreather-related experience along the way.
That would seem like a prudent idea! :wink: I mean, if you want to become a test pilot then it's usual to learn to fly first isn't it? I don't have re-breather training but it seems to me that if I wanted to evaluate a new design then at the very least I would need solid practical experience of existing technology to use as a bench mark for comparison. I would also need to be very careful working with high percentages of O2 - you need very clean, O2 prepared gear.

Kim:
That would seem like a prudent idea! :wink: I mean, if you want to become a test pilot then it's usual to learn to fly first isn't it? I don't have re-breather training but it seems to me that if I wanted to evaluate a new design then at the very least I would need solid practical experience of existing technology to use as a bench mark for comparison. I would also need to be very careful working with high percentages of O2 - you need very clean, O2 prepared gear.

Thanks, again, for your concern.

BigJetDriver69:
Hey, 3dent,

Hve you seen this web-site?

http://home1.gte.net/doctrbob/CCO2.htm

It's the home of the crazed Dr. Bob Ianello, who is one of the all-time champs at making successful DIY re-breathers!

Cheers!

Yeah, I have. He also came up on this thread, post #9.

He and I would differ on some points (i.e. I eventually want to go ECCR, and he's a manual-control proponent.) But his site has some great info.

Thanks.

From a 2007 thread
Ooooh Ooooh, can I play?

I don't have a rebreather yet (at least not an U/W one), but I just have to share some pictures of my favorites:
O2BBubbleFree hasn't been on since 2008. Makes you go hmmmmm.

Back
Top Bottom