DIY Sidemount setup, anyone built one with DECO harness and bladder? Other DIY tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

021.JPG

Magnificent!

I still use essentially my original DECO harness with my X-Deep wing. The hardware is inexpensive and durable. You will want to invest in some metal buffing bits for your Dremel as the edges aren't too clean from the factory. They will cut your webbing if you don't clean them up.

Here's the weight pack

95 043a (1).jpg

SUMPUK is now selling bladders. If I was buying again I'd choose one over my XDEEP. They have all their parts available ala carte so you can build as you go. Shipping isn't cheap however.

Recently bought the deco sm bladder and am satisfied with its simplicity and size for travelling.
For attachment, i bungeed a small boltsnap on the upper middle eyelet and clip on a snaphook d ring on the spine webbing

Attachments

• snaphook-loop.jpg
    snaphook-loop.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 42
I started SM using homemade plates (said loosely, I’m a machinist) and an MSR dromedary bag. I still make all my own plates but I prefer a real wing.

These days, if you have some CAD skills you can get whatever plates you want fast and cheap from sendcutsend et.al.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom