DM Internship coming January : Bali/Komodo/Gili

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grizzer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey, am i in the right place? anyway im looking for my DM internship coming Janurary to February. Well i was having Bali in mind but been reading quite a lot about the monsoon season from Dec-Feb which will reduce viz .

Bali is definitely top in my choices but the monsoon thing is kinda bummer, just not sure how bad the viz could go and if changing my destination to Komodo/Gili is a better call?

If so, any recommendation for a good dive shop? Appreciate if any suggestion/opinion :wink:

Hi,

Doing your DM internship in Indonesia is a great choice. Indonesia has a big marine diversity. The periode you choice to do your DM is in the raining season, but that doesnt mean it rain all day. At this moment there are only a few rains, a few hours and than its over. But this isnt every day.

The Gilis are a perfect place to do your DM, there are plenty of customers so you can assist on a lot of and different courses. The Gilis are known about no motor bikes, no cars, no dogs.... Its the teaching destination of Indonesia. The dive sites are easy and the farest one is only 30 min away. There are a lot of different fish to see. During your internship you have free unlimited diving, you will get easily in this periode 60-70 logged dives.
In the evening there are enough restaurants, bars to have drink and meet some people.

At the Gilis it rains less the Bali, mostly the rains goes to the Rinjani in Lombok.

If you want to have more info about the Gilis, please contact me.

Sander

Hi Grizzler
I wouldn't call the Bali rainy season 'monsoon', we get rain most afternoons and through the night but nothing that means we cannot dive. True, the vis can be worse at some dive sites due to river run-off (Tulamben, Amed) but we can always dive. Let me know if I can help further.

Could'nt agree more about the "rainy" season in Bali / South Bali / Gillis. Don't know about Komodo :)

Regarding your location choice, if you're looking for an internship in a busy environment, your best choices would be Denpasar / Sanur or Gilli T.

Amed, Tulamben & south-Bali are pretty quiet off-season when most of the divers remain based in the Denpasar area only leaving it for diving day trips in the more quiet areas. Gilli T is busy year round (actually less crowded in January than in August).

Your best option may be to spend a few days in DPS / Sanur & Gilli T and visit some dive centers there to pick your choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom