First time diving Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattspiral8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys,
So my fiancé and I are getting married in bali in october. Surprisingly i never thought of diving while we’re there until she told me she wants to go dive the whole time. What a keeper! Lol.

So kind of been searching and reading up about dives in bali. Komodo would be nice but we didnt want to keep flying around. So pretty much narrowed it down to Padang Bai.
We want to try out the Manta and mola mola dives. Hopefully mola mola are still in season?

Planning to do more macro dives, we have been falling in love with macro photography, so i believe padang Bai is a pretty good spot for that other than tulamben.

I read that The Jetty is now closed for diving? Kinda bumbed since i see that its a really great place for macro life. If it is really closed, do you guys have any suggestions on good dive spots for macro?

Would appreciate any recommendations for dive shops in PB that would have no problem going to Nusa areas and Tulamben.

Hey guys,
So my fiancé and I are getting married in bali in october. Surprisingly i never thought of diving while we’re there until she told me she wants to go dive the whole time. What a keeper! Lol.

So kind of been searching and reading up about dives in bali. Komodo would be nice but we didnt want to keep flying around. So pretty much narrowed it down to Padang Bai.
We want to try out the Manta and mola mola dives. Hopefully mola mola are still in season?

Planning to do more macro dives, we have been falling in love with macro photography, so i believe padang Bai is a pretty good spot for that other than tulamben.

I read that The Jetty is now closed for diving? Kinda bumbed since i see that its a really great place for macro life. If it is really closed, do you guys have any suggestions on good dive spots for macro?

Would appreciate any recommendations for dive shops in PB that would have no problem going to Nusa areas and Tulamben.

Manta and Mola Mola dives are often in quite strong currents and dive centers will want to see you have 100 dives logged. Not for newbies for sure in very fast currents. I am doing those dives in Lombok in September.

Easy diving and courses for beginners you may want to look in Tulamben and Amed. One of SB forum members has just bought a dive center

Manta and Mola Mola dives are often in quite strong currents and dive centers will want to see you have 100 dives logged. Not for newbies for sure in very fast currents. I am doing those dives in Lombok in September.

Easy diving and courses for beginners you may want to look in Tulamben and Amed. One of SB forum members has just bought a dive center

Yeah i heard about the currents. Im not to worried about it, my fiancé and I are pretty experienced and wouldnt see it as an issue.
Definitely dont want to be stuck in a boat with DSD or newly open water divers.

Yeah i heard about the currents. Im not to worried about it, my fiancé and I are pretty experienced and wouldn't see it as an issue.
Definitely dont want to be stuck in a boat with DSD or newly open water divers.

Sorry I must be having some brain fade I thought your wife was an experienced diver and you new to diving lol oops

I do macro video and photos as well. Probably do 2 night dives at the Liberty wreck as well as day dives

Yeah have a good honeymoon. I am staying at Silver Ferns resort but diving with wild scuba Indonesia
Wild Scuba Indonesia in Lombok

We are 3 divers booked so it may just be us and the owner instructor as our guide.

So we are doing Tulamben Amed for 5 days then Lombok 5 days, then Lebongan 5 days

Staying with Matahari resort in Tulamben as we can rent tanks and do some dives without guides to avoid being limited to 1 hour dives

Staying at the Novatel airport hotel for 2 nights before flying out

Hey guys,

Absolute scuba or Geko in Padang Bai.
Get the ferry down the road to the three Gili islands.

Highly recommend Underwater Tribe, they will take great care of you and can probably set something up for you two that involves diving various locations! I have been with a couple different ops in Bali and Mike Vetch's Underwater Tribe was hands down the best. When we had a mixed group of divers and they really catered to each of our varying levels. I was with some friends who were not as experienced with currents and they were so good at making sure they were ok and teaching them how to navigate the currents. Not to mention the swell really picked up and the boat captain showed considerable skill getting us safely back into the harbor. Check them out!

Thanks for all the input guys, will definitely look into all of the suggestions.

So what is the dive tipping culture in indonesia? Is there usually certain tip amount for each tank, i usually tip $10 for each tank dive.

So what is the dive tipping culture in indonesia? Is there usually certain tip amount for each tank, i usually tip $10 for each tank dive.
In SE Asia tip is NOT expected but highly appreciated.
$10.00 per dive is FAR too high but it is your money!

I will scale it down considerably.

If your guide has been good over the period you are diving then by all means provide a tip directly to him/her. However, there is more than one person involved in a dive operation, especially if you are staying at a dive resort.

Generally there is a main tipping box in the reception that is shared between all staff, how much you put in there depends on you, but there's no hard rule.

Before the pandemic our honeymoon was supposed to be a dive "safari" organized by Aquamarine Diving in Bali. Of course the pandemic changed our plans but eventually I'll get there and do this trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom