DNS Crash 2021-05-21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
We had a small mishap. ScubaBoard DNS was hosted amidst a number of other DNS accounts and the main owner changed how they were doing things. I had paid for SB, but without the main account holder, our service was cancelled along with theirs. We are now the main account holder and are back up. Whew. Thanks to @sphyon for his help in resolving this.

As a network professional, I am convinced 90% of connectivity issues on the Internet are related to DNS. Glad to hear you were able to get the issue resolved quickly -- sometimes that is not the case.

As a network professional, I am convinced 90% of connectivity issues on the Internet are related to DNS. Glad to hear you were able to get the issue resolved quickly -- sometimes that is not the case.
@sphyon is as good as they get and one of three peeps I consider my "best friend".

Is this like where the north florida wife is mad and moves the trailer without telling the husband the new address?

I figured something network related was up. Glad to see you back so quickly!

I blame the cozumel forum.

That certainly didn't take long. It usually takes that long to figure out what is actually happening.

Kudo's to your team for getting it back online so quickly.

It usually takes that long to figure out what is actually happening.
The first clue was that we couldn't sign in to our dns server and the error message told us that the account had been canceled. It took one phone call to confirm and @sphyon to resolve it. It's all good and he makes things look easy. Always surround yourself with people smarter than yourself. That's an easy job for me :yeahbaby:

:snap:

Always surround yourself with people smarter than yourself. That's an easy job for me :yeahbaby:

:snap:

I've had good success in the business world following this same advice. But you would be amazed at how many folks are intimidated by this.........

I've had good success in the business world following this same advice. But you would be amazed at how many folks are intimidated by this.........
Rumsfeld used to say: "As hire As; Bs hire Cs."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom