Do Underwater Cities Exist???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

....and New Orleans, though I hear that it's mostly dry now.

We have a sunken city here in China that has nothing to do with the Three Gorges. It's a walled city that was formerly home to approximately 6000 people. You can swim through the city's north gate, and see a nine-meter tall imperial tablet erected by the Qianlong Emperor, along with swimming through single and two-storey homes, some with their roof timbers still in place. My company, SinoScuba, is the only company that can arrange diving there. PM me through this board if you're interested, diving season runs April-October.

Lake Mead has one maybe more

jptrealty:
I would like to dive through main street so to speak

You mean kind of like the opening scene to the 1999 movie "In Dreams"?

P.S. I replaced the "i"s in your quote, hope you don't mind.

e.a.e.

I remember reading something about a town that was flooded when they built the glen canyon dam in arizona- colorado river.

jptrealty:
well are there ANY underwater citie that exist don to say 300'??? NOT 2-6 tructures that have fallen apart, but a complete town, Existing buildings and homes

I would like to dve through man street so to speak

i seem to remember a discovery chanel special on one YEARS ago.

The straight scoop would be nice

Thank You
taal lake in the philippines supposedly has an ancient village (ok so it's not NYC so sue me) that got submerged but it hasn't really been found as records of actual locations are sketchy at most

Jag

jptrealty:
well are there ANY underwater citie that exist don to say 300'??? NOT 2-6 tructures that have fallen apart, but a complete town, Existing buildings and homes

I would like to dve through man street so to speak

i seem to remember a discovery chanel special on one YEARS ago.

The straight scoop would be nice

Thank You

Here's a late entry...

http://www.magma.ca/~rgwood/sites.html

Paul in VT

2Tours N Iraq`:
Do the residents of KY even know what a Diver Down flag is?!? I'm not meaning to offend anyone but after living in KY, I'm not entirely convinced the fishermen of KY know what the diver down flag means.

They know what it is but just dont pay attention. Just like poor drivers on the road that pass a schoolbus.

Hi,i`m looking for underwater constructions and kind of buildings in the sea especially:huh: :huh: .i`m very interested by underwater stuff and would like to work in the submercial construction and architecture.i`m not a diver so for me the diving is something that i didn`t discover personally yet.but i`ll try it one day,promise!:D i think that the water could be a wonderful living place or just an amusement which i would like to explore one day! so if you have more information about the things like that ,please reply me as soon as possible.thank you!

p.s. sorry, my english is awful!:D

Take a look at the Hydropolis project in Dubai for a modern submarine living space (it will eventually be a hotel). There is another submarine hotel somewhere in the States but I can't remember where exactly right now.

You can also have a read about the Sealab experiment and similar programmes which looked into the feasibility of living on the seabed (under saturation conditions).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom