Do we have no recourse with airline scales?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've seen discrepancies of up to 2 pounds, but not much more than that that and yes the airline is usually higher
How did you determine those discrepancies? I compared the airline's own scales and found 4-½ pound variances.
I got to the Lubbock airport before the American desk opened last week, weighed my bags on their scales, and one was 48-1/2 #, the other was 47-1/2#. Close.

Ha! We used the other scales on check-in: 44# & 43#. Oops. Don't they calibrate those? If their own scales vary by 4-1/2#, why do I have to trust them when they say 51#? What if the second scale had said 53# and 52#?!

How did you determine those discrepancies? I compared the airline's own scales and found 4-½ pound variances.

I have one of those hand held baggage scales scales and compare compare between that and the airlines.

I'm sitting at the airport right now as i type this and the airlines actually came in half a pound less than my handheld scale

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom