Trip Report Trip Report - Komodo & Padang Bai Oct 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don’t expect to see Mola Mola in Crystal Bay in January.

That's when I've seen them.

Good for you! Sometimes you might get lucky.

I saw 2 Mola Mola on the surface when we cruise from Fernandina back to Cousins Island in Galapagos.

Yes, I was and on different trips too.

Perhaps Blackcrusader will get as lucky as I was.

Reactions: Dan
IMG_2901.jpeg

From post # 19 of

Perhaps Blackcrusader will get as lucky as I was.

I'll let you know if people see them. I may go to Crystal bay if they have a day set aside for that. Even if no Mola some other good marine life on the sloping wall. It's just temperature and currents. I have a reef hook in case I get tired lol.

On our very first dive in Crystal Bay we saw seven molas in June. A few had been seen the days before, but they can pop up at different times of the year.

Always worth a dive or 2 at Gili Mimpang, closer and I have seen more Mola Mola there than Crystal Bay - usually less current too, not sure they’ll be there in Jan though - bit late in the season but you never know🤞

I'll let you know if people see them. I may go to Crystal bay if they have a day set aside for that. Even if no Mola some other good marine life on the sloping wall. It's just temperature and currents. I have a reef hook in case I get tired lol.

Like Great White Shark & Balinese Wobbegong Shark. Wish you luck!

Like Great White Shark & Balinese Wobbegong Shark. Wish you luck!

The Wobegongs I'd love to see...the Great White not so much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom