Do you believe in Bigfoot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes for sure, I saw a program about Bigfoot on Discovery Channel, so it must be real!

Do I "Believe" in Bigfoot, no.

I do, however, believe that there is the real possibilty that such a creature can exist.

Scientists point to the fact that there is no hard evidence that the creature exists.

OK, let me make this observation.

Most of you are familiar with the white tailed deer, right.

Well, if you were to place a person in the woods who had never seen a deer and let them go tromping about through the bush, the probability is that they would never see one because they's scared it away.

I grew up in central Georgia and deer hunting was an integral part of my life. I was in my mid-thirties before I ever found a drop, one of the antlers that buck deer shed every year, and rarely did I ever find the remnants of a dead deer. Why, rodents, such as wood mice and squirrells eat what bone is left for the calcium content, plus the fact that other scavengers haul off other parts of the carcass to other areas and devour them.

And the deer population in the state of Georgia per square mile is huge!!!

Take 3 or 4 creatures the nature of Bigfoot and put them in an area of 50 to 60 square miles, well, I bet they'd be pretty hard to find.

So, if I were to make the statement that deer can't exist because I'd never found any antler drops, then I would have been wrong.

Those woods are mighty big out there, and the swamps mighty deep.

Still haven't figured out why all the Bigfoot hunters keep using trail cameras and junk like that.

If ya really want to find the critter, rent a helicopter with one of those FLEER, or whatever it is, units that you always see on the cops episodes.

Fly over the mountains at night and spot that big booger. Bet he'd be giving off a bunch of heat.

If they can spot a rabbit under a bush, by golly they should be able to spot something as large as a Bigfoot.

Just remember, the gorilla was considered a myth until either the late 19th or early 20 century.

Jist kawz ya ain't seed it, done mean it ain't thar . . .

Last edited:
Believe in him? I'd better; he was Best Man at my wedding!

I haven't been called that ever since I shaved my back.

Nope, no way something that size in Northern California (a jungle would be different) would go all these years without someone finding a body or one alive.
I will believe with real proof is found, otherwise I put them in with the same category as the "Lizard People" that live under Mt Shasta (another Northern California crypto-imaginary-madeup-tomuchdrugsinthe60's animal)

So, just because you didn't see your aunt Jane in her casket means she didn't exist?

the K-rypto Zoologist

Just because I didn't see my aunt Jane doesn't mean I didn't think she existed, because I knew her and and the doctors and mortician confirmed that she was dead before putting her body in the box. There is proof, I just love this article, they haven't even let scientist look at it. I could tell you if I found a bigfoot body I would be calling universities first not someone with a degree in mythology.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom