Do You Carry a Dive Torch for Your Diving?

Do You Carry a Dive Torch for Your Diving?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Always, since I'm from the Netherlands where it get's dark at about 15 ft... I also find it useful to point something out at my buddy.

Always ... even though all my diving these days is open water in Florida. They are very handy to look under ledges, inside wrecks, into crevices, and for signaling buddies or the boat captain (in inclement weather).

I answered usually because there are some dives that it is just not necessary. But even at that, I'd say that I have at least one and normally 2 with me 99% of the time. We do a lot of quarry diving which can get rather dark really quick. If for nothing else, they're good for being able to tell where each other are.

And as others said, sometimes you just want to look into a dark place, even in clear Caribbean waters.

Always - never know when you need to peek in a hole or when quarry diving when it will get cloudy/dark. I used a bit of neoprene (from a cup koozie) and sewed on a little holster on my bcd - flashlight goes in and has a clip to a dRing so always secured and no longer in a harder to get out of pocket.

Never. If I'm going to dive in the dark (night, caves, wrecks) i feel that it is important to experience the dark as it was meant to be. Without a light.

Never. Don't own one, yet.

Thinking about getting a panel light for video sometime soon-ish though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom