Do you own an Intermediate Pressure Gauge?

Do You Own/Use an Intermediate Pressure (IP) Gauge?

• I don't own an IP gauge, and I don't need one.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • I don't own an IP gauge, but I want one.

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • I own an IP gauge, but I rarely use it.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I own an IP gauge, and I use it routinely.

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • What's an IP gauge?

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • IP in my wetsuit!

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When cave diving, I check each of my regs' IP each morning. The gauge costs $19.95 from DiveRite dealer and it doesn't take but a second to do.
When recreational diving, I check it before each trip.

Know those mini-SPGs for pony bottles?
Well why not an intermediate pressure gauge to put on the unused LP port of a first stage to monitor, with the same form factor?
Anybody ever see one?
Anybody wanna make one?

An IP gauge needs to be clear to be useful. It is a tool, and not needed to gauge life support in a hostile environment. Like a gas gauge, a diver can use his spg to make general assumptions about his diving. However, the IP gauge needs to be far more precise than an SPG. While increments of 200 (or 1000 with the mini version) can be acceptable, you really need a minimum of 5psi or better to have an acceptable IP gauge. My favorite is a 6 inch gauge 0-200 psi with 2 psi increments. It is not unusual for me to tweak a particular reg up or down 2 psi to see what the effect is.

Never check the oil, just wait till the dummy light comes on. Then ahhhhhhhh s**t. Really works well on a trip, or out in the desert. Of course undieing faith in garage mechanics is right up there with undieing faith in the LDS.

adios don O

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom